12-07-2011 07:15 PM
12-07-2011 07:29 PM
My laptop is becoming really slow and keeps on freezing up (checked all viruses program, no viruses) and we have a HP g71-340us and the processor Intel Core 2 Duo ,T6600. Is it a possibility that I can upgrade my processor to the second generation i's or maybe ivy bridge?
The best CPU you can have is:
P8700 2.53-GHz processor (3-MB L2 cache, 1066-MHz front-side bus (FSB)).
You can't upgrade it to the Sandy or Ivy Bridge processors, the chipset (plus the socket on the motherboard) and also the laptop's BIOS (whitelist) won't let you do it..
Testing - HP 15-p000 Donated to the Cancer Research UK
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze
*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)