03-04-2013 12:42 PM
Hi, and thank you,
I'm attempting to update my "Fresco Logic USB Root Hub" within the Device Drivers menu in Windows 7. My machine is a Pavilion DV6. Windows was not able to fetch the update for me, and suggested searching online. Is there a update to this driver that I could be provided? I have been having issues with only 1-2 of my 4 total USB's working unfortunately, so this would be helpful.
03-05-2013 02:00 PM
Some of the USBs are not working.
Go into device manager and right click on the USB ports and select uninstall, restart the computer. This will reinstall the drivers for the USB ports.
Also you can go to HP.com and download the latest BIOS update.
Here is a link to the update. You’ll need your product number.
Let me know if this helps.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)