04-22-2009 02:44 PM
I have the above laptop loaded with Vista. The thing seems abnormally slow however the worst problem is that the fan runs constantly and the box stays hot the whole time.
No matter what I'm doing. I've become quite concerned about it, I've had it about 2 months.
04-26-2009 02:36 PM
Run Windows task Manager. Check if any program takes much power from Your CPU. If yes uninstall it or if it's some strange file then check Your system with:
1. antivirus(nod32 online).
2. antispyware (Spybot - Search and destroy)
Informations how to install and use Spybot You will find here.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)