06-26-2014 08:42 AM
I tried a i5 560m but it didn't work and I'm not sure if it's broken or is not compatible.
If you could tell me how do I look up for the exact model of my laptop, I could know what CPUs I could use.
06-26-2014 05:20 PM
Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!
I understand you would like to upgrade your CPU. I do require the computer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Guide tofinding your product number
Once you have this, I can help you better. Thanks!
07-01-2014 11:50 AM
Thanks for the response. Using the model number, I found this product's maintenance and service guide. This guide has the information on what parts can be replaced and how to replace them.
Please let me know if this helps. Thanks!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)