09-14-2012 06:31 AM
Hello. I have a HP G71-449WM laptop that is just over two years old. It will not start up. The symptom is:
- When the power button is pressed, no lights, no fan, and no screen activity. The only indication of power at all is the light on the power jack where the AC Adapter connects to the laptop....that lights up for 8-9 seconds, then it goes out. Pressing the power button while this light is on or off makes no difference.
I have tried the following:
- Removed the battery and tried powering up with AC only, battery only, and with both.....all with the same results stated above.
- Replaced the AC Adapter with one I know works, and repeated the above steps.
- Tried a cold start, draining any residual power by pressing the power button for 1 minute with no AC and no battery.
- Reseated the memory and HD
Nothing I have tried makes any difference. Does anyone know of other things to try, or is this likely a motherboard issue? There were no problems leading up to this issue, just wouldn't turn on one day.
09-14-2012 06:34 AM
Have you tried removing the HD and then attempting a start to see if there is any difference?
If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
11-25-2013 02:19 PM - last edited on 02-24-2017 12:21 PM by OscarFuentes
I understand that your computer will not start up on you. I would recommend that you start with the document titled Black Screen LED Error Codes located here in your search to solve the issue.
I hope this helps get your computer booting up successfully for you. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!
Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!
Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.
I work on behalf of HP
Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!
"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter