Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8570p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

I'd like to upgrade the graphics card of my 8570p.

CPU: Intel i7 3740QM @ 2.70GHz with integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7570M

What possibilities are available?

Could I  eventually run an external graphics card?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

It's worse than you think. The specs given above are for the 8570w, which is a different machine. The 8570p has soldered-on video whether it is discrete or integrated. So, basically there is no upgrade except to swap out the whole motherboard. It does not have an MXM slot. And there is no external video option on that generation of hardware that is worth discussing. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi @KankiZ

Please check the specifications : Page 6

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04111460.pdf

Graphics :

AMD FirePro™ M4000 with 1 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.1/4.1+capable

AMD Eyefinity Technology supports up to five independent displays* when using an HP Advanced Docking station (sold separately)

NVIDIA Quadro K1000M with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memory Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.2 capable

NVIDIA Quadro K2000M with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memory Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.2 capable

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi Sidharth-A

Thank you for your very fast answer.:smileyhappy:

So there are only 3 supported graphics cards and those are not strong enough for gaming...

Is there any other option to upgrade graphics, maybe a compatible external graphics card ?

HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

It's worse than you think. The specs given above are for the 8570w, which is a different machine. The 8570p has soldered-on video whether it is discrete or integrated. So, basically there is no upgrade except to swap out the whole motherboard. It does not have an MXM slot. And there is no external video option on that generation of hardware that is worth discussing. 

HP Recommended
Hi Huffer

Thanks for your competent answer.
Too bad there is no adequate solution.

Greetings
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.