Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I Have Buy A new HP 630 Note Book.... Some Design Software Is not Working In this Note Book So I decided To install a Graphics Card For my Note Book. Which graphics Card Is Suitable For My Note Book.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

You cannot upgrade the graphics chip in this model notebook (or most any notebook for that matter).

Paul

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have bought a HP 630 about a week ago. I was wondering if there is way Intel HM65 Express can accommodate a graphics card and also wanted to check if can get a solid state hard drive on this lapotp if it is possible. 

Viswanath

HP Recommended

Hi:

As I posted above, the graphics adapter cannot be upgraded.

HP does not offer an SSD as an option on this model, so if you decide to get one, I can't say whether it is guaranteed to work or not.

It is a new enough PC where you would think it would work, but again, I can't say for sure.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information, really appreciate it. I had a question about the memory on this laptop. How many memory slots are there on this laptop ? i see it can accommodate upto 8gb. If I have to upgrade the memory to 8gb what is the ideal operating system which will support ?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the maintenance and service guide for your notebook:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02834036.pdf

Please see chapter 4, page 49 for the memory removal and replacement procedures.  The picture isn't very clear, but you have two memory slots with one chip stacked on top of the other.

If you install memory greater than 4 GB, then you will need a 64 bit operating system. The notebook was designed for Windows 7.

Paul

HP Recommended

Sir, I want to know which graphic card is suitable for my HP630 Note Book so i can install it.

regards,

zahid

HP Recommended

how to improve the graphics performance of my hp630 coe i3 (2nd gn) notbook.

can i add one graphics card

HP Recommended
Are you sure that we can Install a Graphics Card in HP 630,because I'm planning to get NVIDIA graphics for myself too
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm sure you CAN'T install a video card for your HP 630 without replacing the entire motherboard with one with better graphics as listed in the service manual.

No system boards for the HP 630 come with nVidia graphics.

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.