Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As a student I both use my laptop for doing coursework and gaming. It works fine for general use and for low maintenence games but it gets overwhelmed quickly. Based on the specs it should work with games that take 2GB RAM perfectly fine but it doesn't. The disc can't handle video games very well. The usage levels for disc, memory and CPU rapidly shoot up when any game is open. And when it closes for that matter. Seeing that you can't change the disc type, my question is will a change of graphics cards help? And if it will help, is it possible for me to change the graphics card. In some laptops it isn't possible.

Any internet strain or blip causes the laptop to begin one of its various forms of freezing. By freezing i mean it denies the game access to wifi for a few  seconds and while you're distracted with that it freezes the whole system. The only way to fix that, be it temporarily, is to hold down the power button for five seconds then turn the laptop back on again. As you can see this causes a problem that I am slightly desperate to fix. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In Pavilion notebooks you cannot upgrade processor or graphics. They're integrated/soldered on to the motherboard.

Please tap away F2 key as you power on laptop, do extensive system testing. It'll take few hours.

Hope you've installed drivers from HP support page.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

In Pavilion notebooks you cannot upgrade processor or graphics. They're integrated/soldered on to the motherboard.

Please tap away F2 key as you power on laptop, do extensive system testing. It'll take few hours.

Hope you've installed drivers from HP support page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.