10-27-2010 07:19 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 12:09 PM by OscarFuentes
Recently purchased an HP p6610f and attempted to upgrade the video with a Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 and 400 watt Coolmax PSU. The mobo is a HP badged Foxconn H-RS880-uATX. The computer will not show a screen when the monitor is plugged in to the card. The BIOS does nothing when trying to change from on-board video to PCI-E. It works as on-board video in either setting. During the process of trying to change the BIOS the PSU died when turning it off with the power button. It won't run with the the stock 250 watt Bestec and the card installed, it just powers off. What gives?? I was under the impression that the integrated graphics are off when the BIOS is switched to PCI-E, at least that is what I read on this page - http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01925486
Any thoughts or advice??
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)