06-27-2011 04:49 PM
I have an Envy 14 notebook, and am considering buying a large monitor to use with it for Photoshop and watching Blu-ray discs (I have an external BRD drive). The Envy has an HDMI port, as does the HP2511 monitor that I'm looking at, but in the monitor's specs, under connectivity, it says HDMI (with HDCP).
What does this mean, exactly? I know what HDCP is, but what does it mean in terms of connecting the monitor to the computer? Is there something else I have to buy?
06-27-2011 06:35 PM
What it means is everything in the path of the BRD to the monitor has to be HDCP compliant, including the monitor and HDMI cable, USB cable going from the BRD to the notebook, graphics adapter, etc.
I do not believe you will need to purchase anthing additional
Can you watch Blu-ray movies currently (with the external BRD) on your notebook screen? If so, I see no issues.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)