02-09-2014 02:26 PM - edited 02-09-2014 03:20 PM
This laptop has seen no use. It looks like brand new yet will not stay powered on. Tried pulling the battery and power adapter and holding power button downfor at least 20 seconds. No change. Get same issue without battery installed. Any better ideas how I can make this puppy stay powered on?
It is product QE284UA#ABA
02-10-2014 04:42 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand the computer does not stay powered on, and you tried a reset. Usually, this is a hardware issue and you should contact HP phone support. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!
02-10-2014 04:49 PM
I'm sorry, but this is not help. This is just driving me to pay for repairs. I am a qualified
computer tech with 30 years experience in computers. The warranty is gone because
my user gave up on it and put it in a closet for a year.
If you cannot offer any other direction then you are no help at all.
This must be a known issue. It is your product and I have seen many similar posts.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)