Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. i am wondering if i can upgrade my laptop. 

Specs:

i3 5005u with intel hd graphics 5500

Dedicated r5 m330

4gb ram

hp 80c2 motherboard

any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hi,

Manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04653884

CPU & GPU: page 19, 20
Processor is integrated and unique to motherboard. You cannot upgrade it. Likewise dedicated graphic chip is soldered on to board. No upgrade possible. This is the scenario in majority of consumer laptops.

HDD:
Upgrade to 2.5 inch 7mm thick SATA SSD. Samsung Evo is good one. Create recovery USB before upgrade. Use it to factory reset to SSD after upgrade.

RAM:
Two non-customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots (Intel Core processors)

DDR3L-1600 dual channel support

Supports up to 8 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations:
8192-MB total system memory (8192×1) or (4096×2)�

Regards

Visruth
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.