05-10-2011 09:23 AM
I have a user that has somehow disabled the mouse pad on this unit (HP 4420s laptop). I don't have a unit on had to test what he's relaying to me. He says there is a yellow light now near the touch pad that illuminates when he is logged into his profile and the pad goes dead..also there is a screen shoot on the monitor of a track pad with a finger pointing to it with a red x over it.
Obivously it's disabled somehow, so my question is how to enable? I've had him try (or atleast he said he did what I told him) hold top left corner of touch pad for 6 seconds and see if it enables...he said it didn't work.
Is there any other method besides this?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)