Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am not sure its because its a hp chromebook I was looking for help with my samsung its only a month old and I keep losing the wifi signal then I restart my chromebook and it works fine till the signal is lost again this happens atleast three times a day and my other devices work fine so its something that I think happens to all chromebooks and hp wont be able to fix I am not sure who be responsible for all chromebooks being like this wish I new

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem with my HP Chromebook 11.  I have two devices hooked up to my router (huaweii ascend plus and HP Chromebook 11).  Wifi drops on HP Chromebook but is still active on my Huaweii.  I have to reboot every time.  This is getting annoying.  Wish HP would figure this out.

HP Recommended

This is obviously a major issue for this machine. I have a Samsung Chromebook which has no connectivity problems at all. Unfortuately I bought the HP for the wife (because it's white!) and she gives me grief everytime it disconnects - about every 20 minutes. The diagnosis is always about the DNS server. PLEASE SORT THIS OUT HP - ITS DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!

@PhatAzz83 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem with my HP Chromebook 11.  I have two devices hooked up to my router (huaweii ascend plus and HP Chromebook 11).  Wifi drops on HP Chromebook but is still active on my Huaweii.  I have to reboot every time.  This is getting annoying.  Wish HP would figure this out.

HP Recommended

Hey y'all,  I found this post on the Google support forums.  Maybe it will help.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your post. I've just tried the first part of this post in that I have upgraded the software to version 41 from 40. So far so good. I will roll back to version 39 if all else fails. Very grateful to you for finding this post. I was about to return the chromebook to HP. I'll monitor to let everyone if this works.
HP Recommended

This issue still exists.  I've had this happen about 4 or 5 times this evening alone--really annoying.  Wifi drops and there is no way to reconnect without a reboot.

I had hoped the beta tree would serve to resolve this issue.  Unfortunately it did not.

Version 43.0.2357.65 beta (64-bit)
Platform 6946.44.0 (Official Build) beta-channel falco
Firmware Google_Falco.4389.92.0
HP Recommended

I've had my HP for a year and a half and hate it, it constantly drops wifi and has to be rebooted, also, sometimes it gets really slow so I just give up and go on my full size laptop with Windows 7, never a problem

HP Recommended

I had the same issue.  Worked with Google to find a solution; no luck.  So I went to the store and purchased an Acer 15.6 chromebook.  Problem solved.

HP Recommended

I think the bottom line is that there is no cure for this problem. My wife's machine still drops wifi a couple of times a night. My iPad never does. HP have a problem and won't do anything about it. Guess what - we'll never buy HP again. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Chromebook 14. I'm disheartened to see that this has been an open and unresolved issue for two years with absolutely no response from HP???? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.