02-05-2012 07:34 AM
I have HP Compaq Presario CQ43,
AMD E-300 APU with radeon (tm) graphics 1.30 Ghz.
It is shipped with 2 GB Ram
My question is can I add 2 GB more RAM capacity explicitly to this processor
02-05-2012 07:48 AM
Your laptop actually supports up to 8 gb of DDR3 memory. The first thing you have to figure out is how it is currently configured. 2 gb models shipped either with 2 x 1 gb modules or 1 x 2. If you have a single 2 gig you just need to buy another. If you have 2 x 1 gb you need to buy 2 x 2 gb modules. Also, you need to be running 64 bit Windows to use 4 or more gb of memory. 2 gb models likely shipped with a 32 bit version.
Your Service Manual:
02-05-2012 07:50 AM
Yes, you should have no problem with 4Gb ( ie 2 x 2Gb ) of ram. See Page 45 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)