11-19-2010 10:14 AM - edited 11-19-2010 01:25 PM
Hi guys, I am using Pavilion DV4 1102TU. Recently, I have had a trouble with my laptop and I took my laptop to warranty. however when I got it back, I saw a problem on the startup BIOS. It seems to like this:
Product information not valid
And I was very anxious, and don't know how to resolve it. I've read some forum and found that HP DMI tool can help me but I don't know how to use it. I hope some experts of you can help me. I will be grateful.
I am in Viet Nam and have no technician to ask. If you can help me, please send email to me. [text removed for privacy]
10-09-2011 10:26 AM
There is no HP notebook BIOS DMI tool for public download and use.
You will need to have an HP technician "tatoo" your BIOS with the model # and serial number.
I don't know why they don't do this when they replace motherboards as no one else can. It should be made part of their standard operating procedure.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)