Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

My laptop's left hinge broke off recently. I am able to open and close the lid, the screen is OK, but I'm worried if I'm damaging it more everytime I open and close it. I am still under warranty. I've tried calling HP but no response. Any pointers?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi Gaurang_YNWA,

I would suggest calling HP again.
Support phone #’s - http://goo.gl/n2Qb1

If you are out of warranty, you can fix it yourself as hmmmmmm did, pay another repair shop or person to fix it, or call HP and send it in to be repaired.

Regards,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

125 REPLIES 125
HP Recommended

Use the chat feature on this page

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

HP Recommended

I had the same problem.  the screw on the bottom came out more than once.  Best Buy said I must have dropped it, would not repair,  wanted to send it to HP with two week turn around, i put the screw back in and now three days later, my laptop says "boot device not found"  "Hard Disk Not Exist" 

HP Recommended

Hey i have the same problem nw.. jst wana knw did HP Solved ur problem as ur laptop is under warranty or did they charged u wid sum money?

HP Recommended

i have a similar problem. i fell from my office chair and the laptop fell fith me. apparently the screws which attatch the lcd with hinge are now broken and. i was able to open and close it but that has severely damaged the bezel. what to do?

HP Recommended

i am in touch with HP to make the point that "hp dm4 laptops have defective hinge design, leading to frequent breakdown". if u have same problem, email me ur laptop hinge pics along with pic of the serial number sticker (on base of laptop) with other details. i will try to get help. 

thanks
kshitij
{Personal Information Removed}
HP Recommended

i am in touch with HP to make the point that "hp dm4 laptops have defective hinge design, leading to frequent breakdown". if u have same problem, email me ur laptop hinge pics along with pic of the serial number sticker (on base of laptop) with other details. i will try to get help. 

thanks
kshitij
HP Recommended

I posted this problem to HP last July, they did not respond.

In July, 2011 my left hinge broke.  The screw came out of the bottom.  I tried to put the screw back in several times and the computer continued to work, but finally after a couple weeks, the screen went blank. 

I returned the laptop to Best Buy where I had purchased it for ~$1000 just 9 months before; they were unable to repair it.  Best Buy sent it off to be repaired; I didn't get the computer back for 3 weeks.

In April, this year, the screw came out again and no the screw won't stay in the hole; screen has gone blank.  I'm returning to Best Buy this week.  Will update.

HP Recommended

kindly email me ur laptop hinge pics along with pic of the serial number sticker (on base of laptop) with other details. i will help.

thanks
kshitij
HP Recommended
Still looking for pictures?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.