Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, Jeff, I received your email and replied with all the information you requested. It has gone to customer service and elevated to the supervisor who was very generous in  trying to help me. I need to speak to you however, and send another email to you with my cell number again. Would you reach out to me on the phone please? Thank you.

JeffHelp wrote:

05/29/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

HP Recommended

Hi, hmmm,

Thank you for the repair procedure, a bit beyond my visualization however. Did you keep any photograpic records of your repair process? Perhaps sharing a few photograpic illustration would be possible? Looks like that'd be greatly appreciated by many peers with the same difficulties.

HP Recommended

What did they offer you as resolution?? 

Miy DM4 has left broken hinge and second time the battery leaked and I am just so pissed as leaking battery is not good. I am waiting for the case manager to come back to me with some resolution in few days and hope it is good. 

HP Recommended

What did they offer you as resolution?? 

HP Recommended

07/02/14 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Is it possible that we speak on the phone in person? I sent an email with my cell number. Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

I just got reply from HP manager and it sucks that they only care about the stupid warranty and just talk about the it. Every case is different - I had battery leak twice and now the left hinge and they say it is out of warranty. Wow I was shocked to hear it as battery leaking twice is something wrong with the hardware and it is not a small thing. Last time it leaked I had kids playing around and I was lucky enough to notice it and dispose it properly. But guess what HP does not care about it and it is all about the warranty. 

All they told me was pay out of pocket for the repair and nothing else. They do not even accept the design flaw and fix it for their comsumer. I buy laptops to use it for long and not replace once the warranty expires. 

Did anyone else get some good response ??? 

HP Recommended

Dear Poorly every one ownig the Dm4, i feel sad about hearing your experiences and i am my self a victim to it .

i feel underdog as hp seems tobe not caring at all about all of us. i  think this was my bad decision to buy hp on the first place.

i feel v r a few people compared to hp but we shall spread the warning to every buyer that never buy the hp and share our feelings of bad  customer experiences . i feel this will slowly take the people to the companies which really care about things like this and will cause a slow death to companies who dont seem to be caring at all.

With all my wishes to the community that you may never become victim of hp.

HP Recommended

My hinge broke on the right side of my computer, I stopped using the laptop for a while (and no longer closed it b/c I didnt want to damage it more). When I took it to best buy they said it would be about $400 to fix the problem. Now because of the broken hinge, my frame has begun cracking and is now beginning to cause damage to the right hinge. I'm so disappointed. I loved this laptop but because of this I will NEVER buy another HP. Broken HP Pavillion DM4-1.jpg

HP Recommended

07/10/14- Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.