Post new question
Question
HP ENVY 13 gets really hot
Replies (31)

Top Student
Message 21 of 32 (293 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 13 gets really hot

Hi, I have tried all of the above and they have not worked, please send me a private message with contact details for HP so I can send it in for repair or replacement. Many thanks.
HP Support Agent
Message 22 of 32 (291 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jennycharlie

Thanks for replying,

Here's the link that should get you to the HP Support in your region: Click here (I chose the public post to help others looking for the similar issue as you did)

I hope you have a good day ahead,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 23 of 32 (250 Views)

Hey guys,

I have the same problem as described above. My envy is bought in May 2016. I have had it since June I think. Any chance somebody can contact me about this to try to fix the problem?

HP Support Agent
Message 24 of 32 (244 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CFWNL

Thank you for posting,

If you are troubled with the same issue as the above users are, I would request you to follow the chain of links provided so far to help solve this concern,

And keep me posted if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Honor Student
Message 25 of 32 (183 Views)

Same for me, I love how thin and light the laptop is (had it 6 months) but it gets really hot in the gap under the screen between the keys and the fan is constantly running...Mac's and my work Dell laptop don't do this it's a real shame. I would not have bought it had I known the fan runs all the time and that it gets so hot.

Honor Student
Message 26 of 32 (161 Views)

The link that was shared by Riddle_Decipher on Oct 17th goes to a 'Phone Assist Worldwide' page and offers no help.

I supposed because I said I wouldn't have bought the product had I known about the fan and heat issue has excluded me from a reply with help, serves me right for sharing how I feel.

Honor Student
Message 27 of 32 (55 Views)

This is a problem with mine too. Can you help me out?

HP Support Agent
Message 28 of 32 (38 Views)

@Tom8617

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you are receiving a message "operating system was not found".

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03754824

(Do not share any personal information such as serial number, email ID, phone number or address on a public forum for your safety). 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

Which operating system are you using?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Meanwhile, if you haven't done all the steps as suggested previously to other users, try the below steps:

Symptoms of heat issues and causes of excessive heat

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents (skip to 2)

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation

Step 3: Updating the BIOS

Step 4: Using HP CoolSense technology

Step 5: Placing the notebook in a cooler room

Step 6: Testing for hardware failure

If the hardware has failed, either replace the bad component or contact HP for further assistance

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 29 of 32 (29 Views)

@Riddle_Decipher

Product numberSmiley Tongue4X82PA#ABG

I haven't attempted any other solutions on my own before contacting HP. For as long as I have had the laptop it has been really hot after about 10 min of starting it up. I haven't attempted a system restore. The operating system is Microsoft Windows 10 Home.

HP Support Agent
Message 30 of 32 (24 Views)

@Tom8617

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If it's always been hot since it was purchased, you must check the temperature of your laptop as a certain amount of heat is normal,

I suggest you get yourself a cooling pad and use that instead,

Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly. The most common cause of overheating is the accumulation of dust inside the computer.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation