Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

has anyone at HP even used this **bleep**ing thing?!?!?!

HELP

HP Recommended

Couple of questions. 1) Where is the HP support???? :robotmad:

2) what browser are you users using? 

HP Recommended

They don't use it because it is junk. Maybe they can't respond because cursor does it's own thing when using this keypad and they can get it to stay on the send button to respond.  I boughht a wireless mouse and it works, but the keypad is definately junk. I still have 20 days I can return to Costco.  I will wait for 15 and get money back. They should be forced into quit selling.

HP Recommended

HP HP HP

PLEASE READ THIS 

We also have a HP ENVY, but ours is a Envy 15-Q004TX 15 Touch screen, cost is about $1500 AUD!

The first problem is the same as already stated here, imagine our surprise to see that this has been a problem with HP ENVY's for a few years!!!

The touchpad for no reason starts jumping, moving erratically and clicking in the wrong spot!

the only thing that fixes it is to shut it down take out the battery, drain the power and restart it, but in a few days it starts again.

The other problem is the sound, it stops and to restart the sound you either have to tap the mute button repeatedly or put in headphones and then pull them out, and if your lucky it will start working again.

THIS IS A NEW LAPTOP!!

We took it back and JBHIFI replaced it (thank you JB) but the new one is doing the same thing as the last one new out of the box!!!!

WHEN IS HP GOING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM,

THIS WAS TO REPLACE OUR HP DV6 THAT WE HAVE THAT HAS OVERHEATED TO THE POINT THAT IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE THAT HP CHOSE TO IGNORE.................................................................................................................... I have 5 HP computers in the house and always only purchased HP, NOW IT WILL BE THE LAST HP PRODUCT THAT COMES INTO THIS HOUSE EVER.

until then I’ll keep taking it back to jb get a new one and if that plays up I'll do it again and again until I get one that works out of the box as it should. 

HP Recommended

I also recently purchased an HP Envy and the cursor reacts in the manner posted about by everyone here. I am Extremely Dissapointed as this was to be my work laptop. I have always used Dell and Toshiba, but I thought I would give HP a chance at my hard earned money. After 3 months, my verdict is . . . . . FAIL! Fail Fail Fail Fail!!!!!!!!!!! I have had to resort to using my older Toshiba - Thank You Toshiba for building a great product.

This HP ENVY TouchDumb Notebook has some great features, but none of that matters as the user can't get past the touchpad issues. HP does not care about the consumers. . . . . so, I do not care about HP and I will NEVER purchase an HP again. . . . . or, at least for a very very long time. HP! You Took My Money and gave me a Piece of S*&T. At this very moment the cursor is moving on its own. . . . . GRRRRRRRR. . . . stop it!

HP Recommended

a follow up to my above post,

HP have a newer version of drivers for the sound problem, issued a month later than the preinstalled driver, hopefully that will fix that issue. It didn't come up with a scan of HP drivers and software but it was there when I manually looked, go figure!

The touchpad problem is still there! Tap and it jumps, which brings me to another issue as we brought a Microsoft Sculpt bluetooth mouse, so we didn't have to use the stupid touchpad, but the mouse keeps disconecting on its own and the only way to reatcive it is to use the TOUCHPAD, that is rubbish and why we purchase the mouse.

HP HP HP wake up and fix the issuses !!!!!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the touchpad. I have owned my Envy for a few months. I came here looking for help. Apparently none is available from HP. What is the deal with that? Such poor customer support. It looks like I will be returning mine, as well.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

This touchpad mouse is driving me nuts.  The mouse clicks on things it should not.  My laptop is only 1 month old and I have been to HP support, and I have have done all of the things peopl on this blog have done and nothing helps. I am ready to toss this computer out the window.

HP Recommended

taking ours back to JBHIFI on friday, sick of the issuses with it, if they don't give us something better we'll get another one that hopefully doesn't have the crappy touchpad and has a newer version in it. If that plays up we'll take it back again! This will be the 3rd one. It looks like a hardware issue nothing you can do will fix it. Maybe JB should contact HP they might listen to them!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.