Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I guess that I am not alone in this, but last nightwhile closing my laptop the left screen hinge decide to break. It is a 2 year old laptop that really gets minimal use. What is the fix?

Thanks!

Jared

HP ENVY 6-1010us Sleekbook AMD A-Series A6-4455M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I will ask to have your issue escalated.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I will ask to have your issue escalated.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi @Jared_34 ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I've got the same problem. The left hinge has come away from the screen.

This appears to be an inherent design flaw with this model but because I've been gentle with my laptop, it's lasted about 20 months which is outside of the warranty period.

It would be nice to have it fixed under warranty, as we all know it's an inherent fault, or at least get the parts to do so myself.

Is there anything that can be done?

HP Recommended

Hi @rayafdaly ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Thanks for visiting the HP Support Forum

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your input, Kevin, I await in antici..... pation!

HP Recommended

Kevin-t,

Many thanks for your assistance. Once again, I'm a proud HP owner.

Great work by all HP staff concerned.

Thanks again.

Raymond

HP Recommended

Hi, I have also just started experiencing this problem with the left side screen hinge of my HP Envy 6. I am a student with the OU (Open University), so need my laptop to study and complete my assignments. I will have to wait until after 26 May when my module finishes to get the laptop fixed. I have taped the screen up with sellotape for now, and hope it holds until my module finishes.

I notice that someone called Jeff from HP has managed to get a lot of people's laptops fixed that are out of warranty. Jeff, if you see this message could you please contact me about getting my laptop fixed after 26 May?

Thanks in advance!

Are HP still selling these laptops with the obvious design flaw?

HP Recommended

@kevin-t

@Stephrp

I have asked to have your issue escalated to the appropriate team within HP.

Please be patient, as it is the first day of the weekend.

HP Recommended

Thank you erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.