Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Dear HP Supporter,

i have a HP ENVY x360 laptop with Win 8.1 operating system. It writes that plugged in, no charging. This laptop has a not removable battery. I read forums and tips but neither fixed my problem.

I tried to shut down, plug off, wait, plug in, turn on,without result. 

I also tried to uninstal in device manager the baterries then restart the laptop, without result.

I also tried the fix the problem with HP Support Assistant, battery scanning, and it writes that my battery is ok, but then 'unknown'.

Because of 'unknown' I tried to download the updates, no result.

I am not able to fix the problem of my laptop, and I wouldl ike to ask for your assistance.

I am looking forward to your answer.

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@zsofiaanna

Thank you for posting,

If none of the last articles helped,

The best thing you can do is to try with an alternate adapter with the same power supply,

If the issue persists with the other cable as well,

To confirm if it's the battery or the adapter that's faulty,

With the information, handy - contact HP phone support for a repair service or part shipment (as applicable).

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@zsofiaanna

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you've already attempted quite a lot of steps to resolve the issue with the battery as it no longer charges the computer,

However, don’t worry I still have a few tricks up my sleeve to help you fix this, in fact here’s a collection of all the battery related documents to help you out.

Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue.
The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Battery Charging Delayed When Operating Notebook in High Ambient Temperatures

Battery Does Not Charge when Using a Voltage Adapter with the Power Adapter

Battery Indicator Light Turns On and Off While Battery is Charging

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle,

thank you for your tips. I opened the first link, as you wrote, but unfortunately at the beginning it says: "This document is for HP notebook PCs that have a removable battery." My laptop has a not removable battery, therefore I cannot manage any tips with removing the battery. 

For the second: the laptop's temperetare goes not high

For the third: I didn't move to anywhere, and just a few days before I had no adapter and voltage problem, so that's why I don't think it can be the problem.

For the forth: Actually the battery indicator light is turning on and of, whit whit led, but it is not charging. Even it was not charging during the turned off mode.

I have no other ideas.

Today I run the HP Support Assistant again, and the status remain: OK, but the current status was Unknown still. At the updates I cannot find any. Maybe is there any updates which the laptop should need? I was also wondering if it has something to do with Windows updates, because just a few weeks before I stopped/turned off the Win updates manually. Can it be the problem?

I would like to ask if it is possible to remove the battery at home with tools...or do you think it could help, as by the removable batteries?

Kind regards,

HP Recommended

@zsofiaanna

Thank you for posting,

If none of the last articles helped,

The best thing you can do is to try with an alternate adapter with the same power supply,

If the issue persists with the other cable as well,

To confirm if it's the battery or the adapter that's faulty,

With the information, handy - contact HP phone support for a repair service or part shipment (as applicable).

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance. I will try it.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.