Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elite X2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have just received the HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 65W USB-C Dock.

I have plugged it in, and my Elite X2 1012 G1 charges, but that is all. None of the ports are working. Monitor is not recognised either.

If I plug my phone in via the USB port, it will charge, but not recognise it as a storage device.

I have searched everywhere, and cannot find drivers that will resolve this issue.

I have:

- Thunderbolt software installed, and running, but still to no avail.

- Installed and run "Intel Thunderbolt Firmware Update Utility", but get an error that there is no controller driver.

Please help.

ps. The machine was reimaged with a corporate SOE. So I am not sure if I am missing drivers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK problem has been finally solved.

Rebuilt the whole thing. All OK now.

Dock working.

Thunderbolt working.

Happy customer!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

I finally received our Thunderbolt 3 docks this week.  Same issues as OP.  I was able to get it working by installing the Intel Thunderbolt Secure Connect under the Driver - Controller section of the drivers for the X2 1012 tablet.  Hopefully this helps someone else.  Direct link to the driver page below.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8741946&swItemId=ob_161921_1&swEnvOid=419...

HP Recommended

I tried this previously, but didn't work.

Will try to re-download the driver and try again.

HP Recommended

Still no luck.

I wonder what is wrong with my 1012 G1 ... 😞

Is there a HP tech person that can tell me how to export a diagnostic report so that they can look at it?

HP Recommended

We just bought 2 for our firm, and same issue with me.  When I plug it into the other X2, its fine..so we narrowed it down to the X2 (Other one)  This just started happening out of the blue.  I have reached out to our HP team here to see if they can assist.......  Will keep  everyone posted...

HP Recommended

Baka.....

Solution to get your dock working .....

Hold power button down for 30 secs...this will turn it off....then turn on.  You should be good to go. 

Simple fix.....   As this is a tablet, you need to "Hard Boot" it if any drivers were installed etc... simply unplugging the X2 dock wont cut it. 

Good Luck

Peter

HP Recommended

Yeh I have tried a hard boot. Still no go.

My company uses HP products, and this was built with a SOE. Unfortunately the SOE is for another machine. Purpose was to allow my machine to authenticate to the domain.

I assume then that all the drivers were installed separately.

I have installed all the Thunderbolt drivers that I can find on the support page. Still only charge function.

HP Recommended

OK problem has been finally solved.

Rebuilt the whole thing. All OK now.

Dock working.

Thunderbolt working.

Happy customer!

HP Recommended

Hi Baka,

Did you resolved it by rebuilding it with SOE or on a normal built ? I am getting the same issue as you on our company's SOE, cannot detect this Thunderbolt 3 even if I installed the latest BIOS. Also getting the thunderbolt service is not running when trying to install the firmware update for TB3. 

TIA.

HP Recommended

I can tell you based on my experience with a Zbook 15 G3 MWS HP loaned me that the Skylake platform is very particular espescially for USB-C and Thunderbolt. You have to start with a standard version of Windows 10 and install the correct chipset and peripheral drivers. If there are any other chipset or special drivers packaged in the build it will not work right. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.