Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Rebuilt with the SOE again. So I am not exactly sure what went wrong the first time.

But I remembered to create a restore point this time.

HP Recommended

The problem is that my company doesn't havea  SOE for the Elite X2. So they used the SOE for the Elitebook 840. Didn't work the first time, but worked the second time.

They had to use the SOE so that my machine authenticated to the domain. That was the only reason.

Then loaded all the specific drivers on.

HP Recommended

For those of us that are on Enterprise images due to our company, are we then out of luck?

Once I connect the Zbook G3 to the dock, it works, but it's the biggest slug!  

With an i7, PCIe m.2, 32GB of RAM, and a Quadro card, it's QUITE frustrating!!

HP Recommended

I don't know about the Zbook, but much later on, I found that once I updated my BIOS, it was a lit more stable and always recognised TB3

HP Recommended

Thanks Baka.  I may try to do that-if i'm allowed.  Tho I must say, stability is not the issue, it's the speed.

HP Recommended
It's amazing what the latest BIOS can resolve. Worth a shot.
HP Recommended

It really is amazing.

I work in the industry and I never knew how much could be done in the BIOS before I started working. 😄

HP Recommended

I followed these instructions From HP and all is working.

Recover USB-C functionality by performing a hard reset as follows:

1. Unplug all USB-C devices.
  2. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds. 
    The charging LED toggles between amber and white, confirming the hard reset has been performed 
  3. Power On the computer.
  4. Insert the USB-C adapter.
Frank Cardona
IT & Tech Support Manager
HP Recommended
Tried reinstalling every driver and bios and firmware and nothing worked and then tried this and it worked. Absolute life saver!
HP Recommended

Thx. GySgt_USMC_RET. My x2 can charge again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.