Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Forget to say that i had Windows 8.1 at the moment when I wrote that comment.

You need to find your bluetooth setting on your computer, and make sure that it is on.

If it is already on, then you should take it off, reboot, and then put back on.

In windows 10, you just write to "bluethooth" to searchbar.

HP Recommended

Hello Icecom3,

I'm a Customer Engineer and work for HP here in Brazil. One colleague (another Customer Engineer) has detected the same issue on a customer equipment. He changed the Wi-fi/Bluetooth module but the issue persists. He already updated the BIOS too, but unsuccessfully..

Now, we're asking for a solution by the 2nd Level of HP Engineers. If we have some update, I'll share here with you.

But if you have fixed the issue, please let me know how ok?

Tks,

Cesar Ribeiro.

HP Recommended

Cesar did you ever fix the issue? I just got a refurbished 810 G3 and i am having the same issue, wifi is working fine but bluetooth is not appearing in device manager and could not find bluetooth in both windows 7 and windows 10. The NXP nfc controller seems to be malfunctioning too because it has a yellow exclamation mark on it.

HP Recommended

Same problem here - Win10 fresh install, but any bluetooth radio is detected.

Any solutions?

Or it is needed to throw another HP into trash?

EDIT:

after few (!) days Win10 upgrades devices and Bluetooth appears.

HP Recommended

Jarko, i still have the unit, i bought it refurbished and i think it was a government unit, and they always take the "disable bluetooth permenantly at factory" option, that is available for 1$ as a configurable option for a CTO unit. I have not tried remplacing the wifi/BT combo card but i have reasons to think that even if i replace it it will not work. In my case i simply installed  a small bluetooth usb dongle, which is not ideal, but at least you can take it out when you dont need it.

I would also like to add that no one at HP was able to give me a clear definitive answer as whether or not it is possible to tell if it is the case or not. There does seem to have any software tools/distinctive marks or other indicating this.

HP Recommended

Same problem here.  Used unit bought a few months ago on eBay. No Bluetooth to be found anywhere !! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.