03-06-2012 08:20 PM
Hey so my HP envy 14 fan is constantly running and there is no way of turning it off. It sounds like a hair drier going off. I don't know how many other people are going through with the same problem, but this is getting annoying. Im looking for possible solutions because if we paid so much for "the envy" why is it that it is having technical problems already.
06-22-2012 09:22 PM
I agree - any feedback from HP?
I have the max cpu set to 50% and I still get excessive fan noise. I find it hard to believe the fans are clogged already, it seems like a BIOS fix should be in order. This fan is going all the time, I can't imagine what it is doing to the battery but it is very annoying. This is a very nice computer, but this is a silly flaw. I have much more powerful laptos which are quieter. I would happily take less performance for a quieter laptop.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)