Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi there, we have the same issue with our 17-J053ea,  Left hinge screw sockets have completely come out of the plastic sockets of the top panel.  Do you know where we can obtain a replacement top panel or how this can be repaired?

thanks for your time.

Graham

HP Recommended

@a-starcomputing

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thumbs up, thanks very much for the quick reply here, very helpful, will look at out for those details.

regards

HP Recommended

Same thing here with my 2yr old HP ENVY Touchsmart 15 laptop.  The left screws are no longer holding the case together.  The internal hinge screw no longer tightens, and the screw through the bottom has broken through the plastic case.  Now the laptop constantly pulls apart.  This has been going on for a while now and I just finally sat down and started taking a closer look and found the plastic had cracked.  Yes this laptop is two years old, but it gets very little use and has been very gently used.  I have older HP and Dell laptops that have been used and abused for 5+ years and never had an issue like this.

Model: 15-j063cl

HP Recommended

@CMichaelC

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

It's a shame HP will not acknowlegde their design fault which is stated by many throughout this forum. Mine was a gradual on going issue at first the screw was loose, then the left hinge separating but closing, then the bottom loosing and finally keyboard having issues, laptop over heating, This all started within 10-11 months after purchase. Unfortunatly I did not anticipate it becoming a problem escalating to the point of rendering usless.  Being out of warrenty I had to pay for repair, BUT NEGIOTATE COST!!!!!!!!! They will guilt trip you that you waited too long, but really less than a year old and a small issue like a screw coming loose doesn't constitute having to send your practically new laptop to be repaired for at least a week. DON'T SETTLE NEGIOATE. I probably could have paid less, but didn't know then what I know now. Also,beware of their kindness of wanting to help with all issues. My computer came home with the hinge repaired, but they couldnt recreate my other issues and even called to say they would keep trying. I needed my laptop and after a week I told them to just send it home. I really don't think any effort was put towards other issues and knew keeping it would result in my telling them forget it just to have it back.  And, my laptop has been a source of frustration with one issue after another plagueing me. GOOD LUCK

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem but multiple (almost all) of the screws have fallen out. The casing barely holds on and is always clicking apart. 

HP Recommended

Good luck!!  Also, I have recently started getting emails from HP thanking me for my new purchase??????  Wish they had helped out on a new purchase or repair but they didn't do either.  AND, I did not purchase a new HP product on don't plan on doing so.

HP Recommended

@Nickie93

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Fortunately I was able to have my daughter's unit replaced while still under the one year warranty last summer.  She was back for reading week and she showed me a screw and her case is coming apart just like it was before it was "repaired" under warranty.  Left side hinge.  Unbelievable.  They fixed it and now 8 months later the same thing?

When looking at  the spot for the screw, it appears there is a missing part of teh case that the screw actually holds the top and bottom pieces together.  So my success is: paid for my son's repair, my daughters unit repaired under warranty and now requiring the repair again.  3 of the same issues with 2 machines.  That's a 150% defect rate.  HP definitely needs to resolve this issue with these products.

I've already sworn off Dell due to CSR issue there and I am likely not going to purchase HP due to this experience.  I have about 5 units to replace at work and another kid about to need a laptop for school.

HP - what can you do for me??? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.