Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @lokoho @tdf1147,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Please tell me the solution on how to fix

@Futoji wrote:

Hi, @aixyever 

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

?

HP Recommended

Wow.  I didn't realize this as a big problem.  Purchased 2 laptops, 1 year apart and teh exact same problem.  One is still under waaranty, the other not.  Solutions?

HP Recommended

See george-p two comments above. He or equivalent will reach out. Cry to them. One you will take to your local fix-it shop and pony over around $150 (or send in to HP for a little more.) The warranty one will be fixed for free. Send it in. You didn't really need it for a few days, did you?????

😉

HP Recommended

@BigEars1234

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

@112SERD

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem; how can I get a warranty repair?

HP Recommended

I have the hinge issue as well and I was only 1 month out of warrenty. I haven't checked into cost of repair and like some many others feel this is a HP flaw and should be recalled. Currently is starting to ackt uI have it secured with a bull clip and never close lid.

My mouse pad on computer is beginning to have issues, most likely a result of bottom not secure. I  gues this is how [moderator edited comment].

Lori 

HP Recommended

As a follow-up I was contacted by HP support.  Took a while through telephone tag.  The one computer under warranty was repaired at no cost.  HP send a prepaid courier box which I sent in on Friday with the unit returned to me the following Tuesday.  They even upgraded the bios.

As for the out of warranty unit, they wanted close to $280 to repair.  That cost was lowered to just over $200 when finding my son was a student.  This is a top to bottom repair and they will fix any and everything for that cost.  It was just sent in so I'll await the return.

Unfortunately my plea for this being a manufacturing issue was replied with "we're not seeing this type of problem".  Unusual then that I'm 2 for 2.

HP Recommended

I was also told $200 and some, I think $240.  They eventually came down to $139 which I thought was rediculous for a common problem.  I'll be buying another laptop in about 2 months but I won't be looking at another HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.