Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

To begin with, my hinge issue began 1 month before my 1 yr. warranty expired which left me to pay $177 for repair. My same hinge issue can be found by a large number of HP owners on their forums all believing it is an HP design flaw usually occurring after 7+ months. I even discovered a history of this flaw in which HP for short time period consented to fix the hinges without charge, but never admitted being at fault nor did anything to correct the design. That being said, my only resolution after emailing HP customer service, was to pay for repair to which customer service was diligent in handling my repair as per their HP guidelines but nothing more.

Start by listening to customers and address their issues and concerns. I initially emailed support management outlining my hinge issue and complaint of HP design flaw. After my email I received phone calls and emails from customer support wanting to rectify my hinge issues, but nothing from management. I feel my complaint was referred to customer service as an urgent repair request. The issue of design flaw was never addressed and continues to be an issue for current HP owners and future buyers of the flawed design. It is questionable when a company gives a year warranty and ignores numerous complaints of factory flaws, leaving customers no recourse but to pay for what many feel is no fault of their own and is the company’s responsibility.

HP Recommended

@lokoho

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem with my hp envy that i purchased a little over a year ago. 

HP Recommended

@aaronbrookens87

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Same issue. What are my options? This is disappointing, I really like this laptop.

HP Recommended

@StoneGraphic

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue of a broken left hinge.

HP Recommended

@Smehta73

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Can I get help too?

HP Recommended
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem with my ENVY TouchSmart 17-j157cl, case broken open by the rear left hinge. I bought this over a year ago. It cost me over $1000! How can something so expensive brake so easily? Please help!

Cameron
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.