Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 6 1010sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi. Firts of all - my apologize for my english, polish site redirected me here (i expected polish forum on polish site ;/)

My laptop felt down and probably hard disk is broken.

I gave it to local computer service and all they could do was installing OS on mSATA disk, because hard drive doesnt work.

So my question is - is it possible to replace 32GB mSATA with any larger? So i dont have to throw away laptop i really liked 🙂

I thought i could use it with at least 128 gb or so.

Best regards and thank You for any help in advice 🙂

Jaromir.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Either one of those will work fine. 

This is the 128 gig HP offered for sale with the laptop:

128-GB solid-state (SSD) drive 687101-001

It looks like this:

As long as you get a drive of the same form factor (size and shape) it will work.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yes as long as the mSATA is the only disk in the laptop it can be the boot disk. And you can find those older mSSDs up to 128 gigs and larger. Since the hard drive port appears broken you will be fine using that as the Windows disk. 

HP Recommended

Thank You very much! it gave me some hope 🙂

Could you please give me some samples of compatible mSATA disks? Just to avoid some unexpected costs 😉

Sorry for bothering you.

HP Recommended

some disks available on local auction service:

https://1.allegroimg.com/original/014694/92733e514ce098fe71faa77e5841

https://0.allegroimg.com/s400/010c09/d8d60bc347c4b389d6471100e030

i just dont really know how to recognise if disk is compatible or not 🙂

HP Recommended

Either one of those will work fine. 

This is the 128 gig HP offered for sale with the laptop:

128-GB solid-state (SSD) drive 687101-001

It looks like this:

As long as you get a drive of the same form factor (size and shape) it will work.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

thank you very much! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.