Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy m4-1000 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently noticed the notebook wasn't aligned to my desk. Thought the feet on the bottom were uneven. They're fine. The notebook seems to have a "bubble" on the keyboard where it's higher than the rest of the keyboard. Obviously it's impacting the entire notebook since it's no longer sitting level. I'm concerned it's going to impact the performance of the keyboard and the fact that it's not even and "rocks" when I'm typing is driving me crazy.  

Can someone please direct me on how this can be repaired. It was purchased new in 2013. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@KimPatt

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the notebook isn't aligned as it had been when it was purchased,

And seems to wobble due to the same,

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan)

Either way, the best thing to do, is to replace the base enclosure in your case to fix this issue,

You could find the part using this link: Click here

Keep me posted,

I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Riddle,

Thank you for your response. No, the laptop was not dropped. The laptop does not travel. It sits on my desk. The keyboard has a rise in it that is buckling and causing the entire case to be uneven. There is nothing I have done to this laptop to cause any damage to the outer case. I have not placed anything on top of it. 

Please review the photos. There is a buckling occuring by the space bar. It is shifting the entire case of the notebook.  This is clearly a defect from the heat of the laptop and it's getting worse. There was also a post about it from a few years back here on the forum but there was no resolution. Please advise. 

2016-10-19 15.33.02----.jpg

2016-10-19 15.32.33--.jpg

HP Recommended

@KimPatt

Thank you for replying,

If the issue has occurred due to over-heating, 
I recommend you contact HP for a h/w repair service/further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for that information. Unfortuantely, the only assistance available to me is that HP wants to charge me $59.99 for diagnostics. There are no diagnostics here!  What is comes down to is that HP is not standing by a defective product. My warranty IS expired, I knew this. But that doesn't mean that HP should ignore me due to a defective case on this laptop. 

Since I saw this posted in the forum already, I believe that this is a KNOWN ISSUE for HP.

I would like a response please. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.