Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Touchscr 15-as027cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Did HP Envy Touchscr 15-as027cl supports both HDD + SSD memory?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See above. I said this:

If it comes with only an M.2 drive, it will not have a hard drive caddy and cable and those are very hard to locate. 

So the answer to your last question is "No". 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Yes, theoretically. Here is the Manual:

Service Manual

It has a place to put a regular 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD and then also an M.2 slot. But there have been many issues here with HP laptops that have an M.2 slot but the port is disabled so you cannot install one aftermarket. My best advice if you want SSD speed is to replace the stock mechnical drive with an SSD. 

Post back with any more questions. 

HP Recommended

Ok, so if I buy this model and it has already installed an M.2 SSD, that means I can certainly add a HDD (because given the fact that the port already has M.2 SSD means it's enabled )?

HP Recommended

Very good. Yes. If you buy it with an M.2 drive installed you can be sure it will accept an M.2. However, there is another issue. If it comes with only an M.2 drive, it will not have a hard drive caddy and cable and those are very hard to locate. 

Let us know exactly what you want to do and we will help as much as possible. 

HP Recommended

On HP Envy Touchscr 15-as027cl (Serial number: 5CG6216P4G, PRODUCT NUMBER:X6V54UA#ABA), SATA HDD slot is directly on the motherboard or need an adapter?

I want to buy such a laptop (Serial number: 5CG6216P4G, PRODUCT NUMBER:X6V54UA#ABA), and it has 256 GB M.2 PCIe® NVMe ™ Solid State Drive.  I need to know for sure if I can add them then and a HDD given that 256 GB of SSD are not enough. I have not found anywhere on the internet disassembly of such a model so I can know if I could add or not.

HP Recommended

Please pay attention. I linked you to the Service Manual above which shows how to disassemble. 

HP Recommended

I read it but even if laptop has just SSD (so is bought), he has item (25) and (26) included?

25-26.jpg

HP Recommended

See above. I said this:

If it comes with only an M.2 drive, it will not have a hard drive caddy and cable and those are very hard to locate. 

So the answer to your last question is "No". 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.