Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

It's the repeated time frame of the failure....   one year to 18 months....  that proves this is a design flaw. 

The evidence is all over the forum.  The only reason HP does not step up here is money. 

Sad.  

HP Recommended

Hi, my laptop has the same issue and I'd also like some help with getting it fixed. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I need the same contact to get my laptop hinges fixed. Can you please put me in contact with someone in HP who I can send my laptop to to get fixed.

HP Recommended

I PURCHASED HP ENVY 15 J000 AROUND 2 YEARS AGO. PAID EXTRA AMOUNT TO ADD MEMORY, HDD AND OTHER ACCESSORIES. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED AFTER SEEING MULTIPLE FORUMS OF HINGE ISSUES AND. MINE STARTED LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO AND I TRIED TO TIGHT THE SCREWS FEW TIMES WITH NO LUCK. NOW I REALISED IT'S A POOR DESIGN / MANUFACTURING AND HP SHOULD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY TO FIX THE ISSUE IN ORDER TO GAIN THE CUSTOMRES CONFIDENCE. SURPRISED TO SEE THAT NO RECALL FOR THE ENVY MODEL AFTER THIS MAJOR FLAW. SOMEONE NEEDS TO BRING THIS ISSUE TO THE EXECUTIVES. I KNOW ALL THESE DEVICES THAT WE PAY IN USD ARE FROM CHINA, AND MY LAPTOP WAS SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM CHINA TO ME BECAUSE IT WAS CUSTOMIZED ONE. DON'T KNOW AHT TO SAY .. BUT I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE CONTACTS OF HP HOME PRODUCTS EXECUTIVES.  .. IF ANYONE KNOWS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

HP Recommended

@MAS312

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Good luck, as they told me they know it is a problem and while many have failed there have not been enough to issue a recall. my advice, switch brands!

HP Recommended

Good luck, as they told me they know it is a problem and while many have failed there have not been enough to issue a recall. my advice, switch brands!

HP Recommended
Hello,

I am having this same problem with my HP Envy Touchsmart. The hinges have broken because in the manufacturing it was glued and not screwed. I need my laptop fixed and I payed over a thousand dollars for it to work with my company and now I can't even open it up without it making cracking sounds. Please help!
HP Recommended

good luck. Im having trouble getting in contact with anyone helpful at this point

HP Recommended

I bought two HP envy 15 from costco.   Left hinges are broken on both.  HP asks for $240 to fix one laptop.  it's a pathetic company.  do not buy their products any more. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.