09-18-2013 09:34 AM
My laptop fan makes this terrible noise when it's on. I think it's catching on something, but I can't get to the fan because it's too well buried in the laptop. Any suggestions?
09-18-2013 09:43 AM
Yes stick a paperclip in there to hold the blades and blow in the strongest compressed air you can find to try to dislodge the obstruction. If that does not work you will have to get in there and replace the fan or have a tech do it.
Right now I am unable to get to the Support Page to get the manual but if you want it post back and I can try later.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)