Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just got a HP G62 Notebook PC (product: WV689AV) and am trying to get the bluetooth to work.

I cannot seem to get my cellphone to connect to it while I'm able to get my cellphone to connect to an iPod succesfully.

Neither the phone nor the PC can see each other.

On the lap top I have the following settings on :

Discovery
Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer

Connections
Allow bluetooth devices to connect to this computer

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is it  Windows Home Premium 64-bit?

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant to locate the driver?

In Device Manager, right click on the Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) and select properties.In the properties window that opens select the details tab as in the image and then select  Hardware ID.. Please post all of the resulting information here.  You will note that I have suggested two means of locating the driver. Support Assistant may well be the fastest method available to you. The second method requires a small bit of research on my part.

devmgmt11.PNG

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

On your phone you should also turn discovery on.

It just takes trying again and again.

I would consider look ing at the support pages to see if there is an updated bluetooth driver and bluetooth stack available.

I would link you to it but you didn't identify your notebook completely.

how to identify your notebook.

post your product name and number here in your thread

I use Bluetooth between my car audio and phone for speakerphone. It is pretty handy. 

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry this isn't a solution but I have exactly the same problem. Same laptop. I've started the bluetooth support service, but still doesn't work. Phone has visibility permanently enabled. Windows XP was a doddle, maybe this is a feature of W7 on this machine?

HP Recommended

Not all G62 models have the bluetooth hardware module.

HP Recommended

Erico,

Thanks for taking my case.

According to the link the detailed model information is: HP G62t-350 CTO Notebook PC

I did a search for the bluetooth drivers but wasn't sure which one I have.

Can you point out to me which driver I should download?

Thanks

Mike

HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

@mike_sullivan wrote:

Erico,

Thanks for taking my case.

According to the link the detailed model information is: HP G62t-350 CTO Notebook PC

I did a search for the bluetooth drivers but wasn't sure which one I have.

Can you point out to me which driver I should download?

Thanks

Mike

There are a few things we need to know.

Which operating system is installed?

If your OS is Windows 7 go to Start-->type devmgmt.msc and then select devmgmt. The Device manager will open. The following image shows what you need to expand ((Network adapters).  I need you to post the information that is shown after each adapter.

notebook network adapters.PNG

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

My laptop is using windows 7 home premium edition.

Below is the screen capture you asked for.

Thanks

Mike

network adapters.png

HP Recommended

Is it  Windows Home Premium 64-bit?

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant to locate the driver?

In Device Manager, right click on the Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) and select properties.In the properties window that opens select the details tab as in the image and then select  Hardware ID.. Please post all of the resulting information here.  You will note that I have suggested two means of locating the driver. Support Assistant may well be the fastest method available to you. The second method requires a small bit of research on my part.

devmgmt11.PNG

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

Erico,

I went into HP Support Assistant, there was a pending update for the bluetooth adapter.

Now it is working thanks for your help. The option might have been there before but I didn't see it.

Mike

HP Recommended
how can i make it work
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.