Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi every body,
My HP G62 361 TX does not detect my HP WebCam,it was working good previously.., when I use skype or other programs it says "Cam is not detected", i didnt see any option in BIOS to enable camera,its not listing in Device manager also...:smileysad:

Any help is very appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
  1. Click Start and type device in the search field and select Device Manager from the list.
  2. In Device Manager, click the plus sign ( + ) beside to expand the Imaging Devices option.
  3. Right-click on the webcam driver and select Update Driver Software.
  4. On the Update Driver Software window, select Browse my computer for driver software.

NOTE: You must manually select the proper updated driver. Do not use the Search automatically for the updated driver software function.

1. When prompted, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
  2. When prompted to select the device driver you want to install for this hardware, do all of the following and then click Next.
    • Un-select the Show compatible hardware option.
    • Select Microsoft under the Manufacturer list.
    • Select the USB Video Device under the Model list.

NOTE: If the USB Video Driver is not listed, there was a problem with the update of the Service Pack 1. Go to the Microsoft web site and search for support documents on SP1 update errors.

1. When the message that Windows has successfully updated your driver software, click Close to close the window.
||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

Am I out of line to ask what the filename is for the webcam driver? All the posts read "installed the driver" or "use the right driver" etc... but not one word what the filename is. As far as I'm concerned this subject is NOT solved.  Please someone what is the filename of the driver for the built in webcam on the windows 7 64 bit laptop.

HP Recommended

@PraveenG62 wrote:

Hi every body,
My HP G62 361 TX does not detect my HP WebCam,it was working good previously.., when I use skype or other programs it says "Cam is not detected", i didnt see any option in BIOS to enable camera,its not listing in Device manager also...:smileysad:

Any help is very appreciated

HP Recommended
More than likely the webcam has become disconnected inside the notebook.

Here is a video to a simple fix: http://goo.gl/bzN7A

However I must warn you, it is possible to damage your notebook in this process, so attempt at your own risk.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

HI I JUST BOUGHT THIS HP COMPAQ WINDOWS XP TODAY AND TRIED TO CONNECT A WEBCAM FOR SKYPE BUT CARNT SEEM TO DECTECT IT , MESSAGES READS NO CAMERA DETECTED PLEASE ASSIST ME

HP Recommended

hi 

my computor picking up the usb webcam but  the screen is blank how do i fix this

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.