11-26-2011 06:01 AM
i recently bought an old HP G7000 and want to replace its shell / body.
I found an empty G6000 shell on eBay but can't figure out if i can easily stuff all G7000 intestines in there?
Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
11-27-2011 05:46 AM
When they do a new model it is all new plastic. I do note the Presario C700 is basically the same model which should give you a bit bigger target to shoot at.
Here is the bottom plastic on ebay:
And here is the top cover/palmrest:
11-27-2011 07:46 AM
11-27-2011 08:18 AM
thank you so much
i think this part number will help me alot in my search. though first results appear indeed to be very costly.. 120$ and up? i paid 35$ for the whole laptop..
but on a positive note i just disassembled it successfully, cleaned it and found out i can detach the touchpad from the rest. which is the main reason i want to replace the top cover.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)