03-22-2010 12:56 PM
When I hit the power button on my Laptop,(HP HDX X16T-1200 CTO Premium Notebook PC) it does not start up but only flashes the the LED quickplay lights on the keyboard. The battery is plugged in and is retaining a charge according to the LED indicator on the side. I have read other threads with the same problem but did not find a fix. Please help!
03-22-2010 02:38 PM
Problem Solved. Turns out my friends puppy chewed through the power adapter. Does anyone know if a new adapter will fix the problem or if there is a chance that it shortcircuited any of my hardware like the motherboard or power supply?
03-22-2010 05:52 PM
A chomped adapter will most likely have not hurt anything. (Other than perhaps the puppy...) A new adapter should get you up and running, but the only way to find out for sure is to try.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)