Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Why isn't there a recall on the battery? I just ordered another one on Ebay, but clearly this is HP's issue. Their software (BIOS) killed my battery. You can bet that if I went to a service station where the gasoline was proved to kill engines and it killed mine, I'd be getting a new engine out of them.

HP Recommended

There is no recall on the battery because HP defininitely wants to be the worst curstomer and end-user experience with their products in the high-tech world. And guess what, they're pretty good at that.

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem. HP replaced the battery the first time it died. But their replaced battery has similarly stopped working and the HP diagnostics suggests I change the battery.

HP should recall the product due to such large scale battery issues. Any other product would be recalled by now. At the least, the should offer free battery replacement to all those affected.

HP Recommended

I - of course - fully agree.

I'm still quite bothered by this situation, i still have a netbook that i can't really use anymore (only plugged with a wire), i can't sell it (as the battery is not working anymore), and i don't want to put around 60$ on ebay to buy a new battery (due in the beginning to a BIOS problem on HP side !).

So i'm quite upset with his. HP has probably the worst customer support as they don't care at all about this problem.

(so you probably have to spread the word and to stop buying HP products).

HP Recommended

The irony of all ironies is: This forum is called HP Total Care. But they totally don't care what problems their customers are experiencing with their products.

But there is a way out. In this day and age, when the power of social networking and microblogging can change governments, we can collectively make them take note of their own lapses and take remedial measures.

{Legal Content Removed}

HP Recommended
Hello HPDirtAward,

You are right that this is part of the HP umbrella of support, however the forum is a peer to peer support channel. This information is discussed within the terms and conditions you agreed to while signing up for the forums. Although some HP employees may respond on the forums it is within their own merit and the is not in any way to be taken as a direct comment from HP. This information is also available at the bottom of every page on the forums.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

@rsatrioadi wrote:

Hi,

I have just experienced the exact same problem with my mini 210-1000. I let the battery die and the next time it's plugged in, it says 0% avaliable, plugged in, not charging. It is not just "battery charging is not indicated," since even after being plugged in for an hour, the netbook instantly dies when the adapter is unplugged.

So is there any working solution or do I really have to replace the battery?

HP Recommended

It's funny how this company ignores the OBVIOUS defect in its product and still forces us to pay the extra $$$ for battery replacement. I guess they learnt it from their printer business,  sell the product cheap and then charge the **bleep** out of buyers for ink replacement.. Now its the same with these mini netbooks, sell them cheap and then charge for battery replacement.

See the pattern? I bet after replacing battery there is still %50 chance that it will fail in a few months due to their closed source "bios magic" 😉 They also happen to implement "smart chips" in the battery the same way they do in printer inks which stores god knows what information. probably a timer to kill the battery after a while. 

The other funny thing is the warranty only being 1 year.  see what they did there? now almost all notebook manufactorers put a 2-3 years warranty for their products while we get only 1 year warranty and if you want some help, you pay for it.

Now hp, I bought a netbook so I can carry it around easily, i bought it for the portability. you see? if there is no battery, it isnt any different from a 25kg desktop (with obvious lower speeds this toy has compared to a desktop). and paying $60 

for something i didn't break isnt an option. I've barely even used this **bleep** thing and next thing you know battery is  dead. All i have now is a piece of junk which has no value, cant be sold to anyone and cant operate without a wire. totally typical hp experience. 

Im done with you hp, thankfully i work in a crowded computer shop and everyday i discourage people from even thinking about your crap. So far in the past 2 months I've managed to make more than 200 people buy other brands than hp and i will continue this as long as i work in this industry. 

HP Recommended

found this on youtube and it worked for my mini 311 - Take the battery out and unplug the charger. If you look where your charger plugs in to your computer (on the outside of computer)  you will see a little gold pin with a metal ring around it. Get a paper clip or anything metal (I used scissors) and use it to touch the pin and the metal ring around it at the same time. It should charge fine after that. I just had this exact same problem last night and this worked for me. Good luck

HP Recommended

Yeah, i have a similar problem. I just got this computer this week, used, and i plugged in a brand new AC Adapter. It is an HP MINI 210-1170NR and the AC Adapter works, it was charging the computer before, but now when i plug it iin, the computer won't charge. Please Help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.