09-14-2010 01:17 PM
Trying to install a Hitachi C4K60 into my Mini 1151NR and the BIOS says "not support" when I go to hard drive detect. I've tried connecting the ZIF cable every possible way and still am having no luck.
At first I thought I might have received a drive that was DOA - so I bought another one. Now I have 2 C4K60's the BIOS can't see.
The original drive was a Toshiba MK8025GAL - but after having gone through two of these in a year in a Netbook that never gets moved (!), I figured I'd try a Hitachi. Both drives are ATA-7 (PATA), some I'm not sure where the problem is.
Specs for the old drive and new drive are below. TIA
09-15-2010 02:37 PM
Hitachi looks like it uses less power also, are there any jumpers on the drive?
It might just be incompatible, rare but I have seen it before.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)