Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I recently bought an HP Mini 110-4100 (blue color) and it has 1 GB of RAM on board.

I've not been able to find specific posts about this particular model in the blog (since there are different 110 models), so I opened this new one.

Basically, I was wondering whether I can upgrade the RAM of this netbook, and if yes how many GBs can I go for (maximum) and what type. I've contacted HP about it and they told me that it is not possible to mount more than 1 GB of RAM on this netbook, but I believe it's a bit odd to be honest.

If you know more, please write here. I would really like to increase this netbook performance even if for a tiny bit.

Thanks all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

As per the specs given on the website

DDR3-800-MHz single channel support (on computer models equipped with an Intel Atom N2600 processor) Supports 2-GB of system RAM (2048×1) should work fine on your unit.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi

Your unit can support 2GB Memory.

Memory One customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slot
DDR3-1066-MHz single channel support (on computer models equipped with an Intel Atom
N2800 processor), DDR3-800-MHz single channel support (on computer models equipped
with an Intel Atom N2600 processor)
Supports 2-GB of system RAM (2048×1)

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Hi Manjunath,

thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I was therefore wondering if the following is suitable for my netbook:

Memory Size: 2 GB    

Memory Technology: DDR3 SDRAM    

Error Checking: Non-ECC

Product Type: RAM Module

Memory Speed: 1066 MHz

Signal Processing: Unbuffered

Not too sure if I should go for a buffered or unbuffered one though, and I believe the Memory speed is more than the one supported from my CPU? And also, when looking for Ram, shall I look for 200 pin Ram or?

My current CPU is an Atom Dual Core N2600.

Also, according to PC Wizard, the current ram installed is a very slow one (not even 800 MHz):

DDR3-SDRAM PC3-10700 (667 Mhz) - [DDR3 - 1333]

And, also according to PC Wizard, my memory controller has a "Max. Module Size: 4096 MB", so 4 GBs?

Please let me know.

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

Hi

As per the specs given on the website

DDR3-800-MHz single channel support (on computer models equipped with an Intel Atom N2600 processor) Supports 2-GB of system RAM (2048×1) should work fine on your unit.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Thank you!

Ordered a 2 GB RAM module SODIMM 800 MHz, let's see how it goes 🙂

HP Recommended

Did it worked? :generic:

HP Recommended

Yep, like a charm 🙂

HP Recommended

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A 4 GB DDRAM memory module KINGSTON KVR16S11S8/4

PC3 12800 CL11 204 PINS works also fine on the same laptop.

Of course the HP mini Laptop is using only the 2 out the 4 GB due to its known limitation in the max memory usage.

Now the laptop works like a rocket.

Price is €46

Kingston KVR16S11S8/4BK - Memoria RAM de 4 GB DDR3 (1600 MHz)

HP Recommended

Awesome! But I guess the netbook can only run the ram module at 800 Mhz? Or does your run it at 1600 Mhz?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.