Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How to check trim setting in commend line

http://mywindowshub.com/check-enable-disable-ssd-trim-support-windows-7-windows-8-1/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes, know how to do that, did it last night. And it's enabled. So, I guess that means I can give this a try. I'm gettting a larger capacity SSD for my main system, will have a 256 GB SSD left over, so I'm going to throw that in once I get the new SSD for the other machine and we'll see how that goes. The whole thing may bottleneck @ the CPU, but I can't imagine this SSD upgrade wouldn't produce some sort of noticeable perfomance increase. Also, a lot less power usage than the HDD that's in there now, most likely.

For the record, more netbook info:

- HP Mini 210-1040NR

- WH682UA#ABA

- Intel Atom N450 (Pineview-N) @ 1.66 GHz

- 2 GB G.SKILL PC2 6400 800 MHz DDR2 (my upgrade - only had 1 GB originally)

- WD Black 160 GB 7200 RPM HDD 16 MB cache (my upgrade - from original 160 GB 5400 RPM 8 MB cache HDD)

- Windows 8.1 x64 (my upgrade - even Windows ME is better than that crippled 32-bit Windows 7 Starter Edition it came with)

Funny thing, as a side note - I upgraded this netbook from Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10 the day it was released to the public and things went well, but I wasn't totally happy with the performance. I reverted back to Windows 7 Starter with recovery discs for the netbook, and I just really hate Windows 7 Starter. So I installed my copy of Windows 8.1 from the physical DVD that I had originally purchased for another system I built a few years back. I then tried to upgrade to Windows 10 again just to tinker, thought I'd see if it was any better when upgrading from Windows 8.1 instead of from Windows 7 Starter.

Now I get a message from the Windows 10 updater that it can't  be installed due to the Intel not making the Media Accelerator 3150 graphics chip compatible with Windows 10.

Seriously? How is that possible, considering I upgraded this to Windows 10 the day it was released to the public and used it for a couple of months with no issues whatsoever? Thanks for that, Microsoft...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.