Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Serial ATA and SATA are the same thing. I am unaware of a 192 gig maximum size on M.2 SATA mSSD cards. Can you provide a link to that Samsung source?

HP Recommended

@huffer

please see link

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/products/flash-storage/client-ssd/

look at the CM871 section.

i am trying to find out whether

MZNLN512HCJH (PM871)

512 GB Serial ATA 6.0 Gbps M.2

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/products/flash-storage/client-ssd/MZNLN512HCJH?ia=831

will work with the Pavilion gaming laptop 15-ak011na laptop, as i am looking to purchase one and it is extremely difficult to find a supplier that sells Samsung parts.

i have the RAM and the hard drive but need to check they are suitable as well.

HP Recommended

The 192 gigs is not a hardware limit, just the biggest they make. Those are NAND flash drives which I think are more expensive to make. This is all kind of moot right now as HP laptops with M.2 slots delivered empty from the factory are having some issues. We are getting a lot of traffic here from folks that are just not able to get the M.2 slot to recognize a drive of any kind. All different types have been tried. It is not universal; it works for some but there are enough horror stories that, right now, until the problem is identified, I cannot recommend buying an HP laptop with an empty M.2 slot and then trying to retrofit an M.2 drive to it. 

HP Recommended

@huffer, ok understand, i am in communicating with a independent UK HP authorised repair centre , in regards to the different M.2 SSD, and what they can fit.

it is a bit sad that HP forum boards are flooded with people who are having issues and hoping that HP resolve the issue, as a 128GB M.2 SSD is not enough size 256 GB at a bare minimum even better would be 512 GB.

i will wait to see what the independent UK HP authorised repair centre come back with to what can be fitted or will work.

i am getting the feeling that HP have put out another model of laptop "HP Pavilion Gamer 15-ak116na"

which has the max of 16GB RAM and a 2TB SATA hard drive, but the M.2 SSD has size has not changed, which seems to tell me that the system board, will only take a 128GB M.2 SATA SSD.

thanks for you help, and will reply as to what the independent UK HP authorised repair centre say.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.