Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey,

I recently got the HP Pavilion 15-n203ed, I installed Speccy to see if the temperatures were good and saw that my APU/CPU temperature was going between 100-120 degrees Celcius on the High Performance preset while the other components are between 30-70 degrees Celcius depending on the load.

I later checked while not having it charged and the APU/CPU temperature was 80-95 degrees Celcius.

I also tried checking it with HWMonitor, as HP recommends, and it still reports the same temperatures.

Is this something to be worried about or is this normal/ to be expected?

Here is a screenshot from HWMonitor:

Here is a screenshots of the temperatures after playing a game of Counter Strike: Global Offensive @ medium settings +/-60fps while being connected to the charger:

hightemps.png

As you can see it reached up to 119 degrees Celcius, please don't tell me that this is normal.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello TdeW, welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you're concerned about the temperatures that you're seeing with the notebook and with good reason too. It shouldn't be getting that hot. I will do what I can to assist you on this issue.

I'd recommend starting with this document:
    Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating.
Make sure to complete every step and to utilize any sub-documents it provides you.

Let me know how everything goes.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer, I'm not sure though if it will help since the laptop is only a couple of weeks old.

I will try to contact the store where I bought it from and see if I can get a new one.

I'm going to give the hardware test a try tommorow.

Edit: Ran all the tests, including the UEFI ones and everything passed.

HP Recommended

i think it is HP Pavilion's behavior so always keep a distance between the ground and the laptop and get cooling fan

i wouldn't recomend this laptop as it gets high cpu usage and temp with out nothing

if you search for normal cpu temp you could get maxium to 60-50 C  while this laptop goes up to 80 C 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.