Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv5120us
Microsoft Windows Vista

Can no longer use HP support as laptop is more than 10 years old  I an running windows vista 32 bit after upgrading from windows xp. My BIOS is f.54 dated 2/8/2007. Should I update BIOS??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no newer bios releases than the one you have on there now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no newer bios releases than the one you have on there now.

HP Recommended

fred54

Sorry, but HP has "retired" support for your PC, so there are no driver or BIOS downloads for it from HP anymore.

Unless you have a problem with your PC that is specifically fixed by the BIOS update, I would NOT update the BIOS.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @WAWood :

Well yes, and no...

HP has retired support for the model, but most if not all of the drivers are all still floating around on the HP FTP site.

You just have to know where to look.

Here is the BIOS file, and revision history for the model notebook in question.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_47630_1#tab-history

So, as I posted in my reply...F.54 was the last revision of the BIOS updates.

Had there been a newer one, I would have provided it to the OP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.