Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (1,214 Views)

HP Pavilion DV6-6052SA battery time

Hi there,

A couple of weeks back I bought an HP Pavilion DV6-6052SA which, in it's spec that I read before purchasing it, quoted a battery life of 6 hours.

Now I realize that many things can reduce battery time, but everytime I have fully charged the battery to 100%, within ten minutes or so of using it, it shows just over three hours remaining.  All I am doing at present is surfing the web and microsoft docs.  No gaming, no burning disks, nothing that would consume the battery time so quick.

What am I overlooking here?

Many thanks for reading.

Provost
Message 2 of 5 (1,180 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV6-6052SA battery time

For maximum battery time you need to set the Power Option to Power saver. The Balanced or Performance really suck the juice out of a battery.

Best regards,

erico 

If you would like to say thanks, just click on the thumbs up icon. :

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (1,179 Views)

Thanks Erico.  I'll give that a go. 

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (1,168 Views)

Hi again,

Tried your suggestion, even reduced the graphics performance, brightness etc, but still no use.

I fully charged the battery again and then left my PC for a bit.  Went back surfed the web for about ten minutes and when hovering over the battery icon in the task bar, it was reading 2 hr 45 min left!  Not sure what's happening to the other 3hr 15min.

Maybe it's a battery issue. 

Thanks.

Provost
Message 5 of 5 (1,146 Views)

[ Edited ]

aitchpea wrote:

Hi again,

Tried your suggestion, even reduced the graphics performance, brightness etc, but still no use.

I fully charged the battery again and then left my PC for a bit.  Went back surfed the web for about ten minutes and when hovering over the battery icon in the task bar, it was reading 2 hr 45 min left!  Not sure what's happening to the other 3hr 15min.

Maybe it's a battery issue. 

Thanks.

I can't see your notebook getting 6 hours without a 12-cell battery and a second generation SSD. Is that what is installed?

Best,

erico

If you would like to say thanks, just click on the thumbs up icon. :

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation