Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

1.HP Pavilion DV6500

Service tag: dv6607nr

s/n: {Removed for privacy}

p/n: GY131UA#ABA

serial number: HSTNN-Q21C

2. Windows Vista Home Premium

Issue:

I would like to upgrade my notebook's ram memory, hence I would like to know what kind of ram memory the mother board supports.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your system dv6607nr came with preinstalled Memory of 1GB (2 x 512 MB)
Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory supported: 4GB
Slots: 2
Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 2GB per slot.

I have seen most customers are successful in upgrading the RAM using the memory sold by Crucial.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Your system dv6607nr came with preinstalled Memory of 1GB (2 x 512 MB)
Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory supported: 4GB
Slots: 2
Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 2GB per slot.

I have seen most customers are successful in upgrading the RAM using the memory sold by Crucial.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thank you.

By the way, I just bouth one Redition ram memory card pc2-5300 ddr2 2GB. Would it work with one of my 512MB cards? Or do I have to through my old cards away?

HP Recommended

Your system has only two memory slots and are occupied with 2 X 512MB memory sticks.

If you want to upgrade the memory, you need to remove atleast one of the existing memory.

The unit would work fine with one 2GB and one 512MB memory sticks. However, the performance would be better if it is 2 X 2GB Memory Sticks.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion DV6500

Service tag:  dv6525en

Label on memory: " HP SPARE 446494-001  7F0774"

Is the memory type 512MB, 667MHz DDR2, PC5300, SDRAM Small Outline Dual In-Line Memory Module (SODIMM) ?

HP Recommended

i have the original memory card can i update my machine and what memory card do i ask for...............marli

HP Recommended

now if you update bios last F.5A to will suport

INtel T9500 cpu

Ram 8gb   2x4gb 800mhz

i more beter grafick than 8400M GS to  9600M GT

i use for my self "D

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.