01-26-2014 04:52 PM
I have an HP Dv7t-2000 laptop that is running Windows 7. Recently, my mic and wecam both stop working whenever my screen is raised up. If I tilt my screen down to below 45 degrees (to where the screen is hardly visible) the mic and webcam work fine. But when I tilt the screen up the rest of the way it no longer works. I have made no changes to my system prior to the error and there are no error messages. I know that the mic and webcam are becoming disconnected though because as I tilt the screen, the sound for a device being unplugged/plugged in will sound off at the respective screen positions.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)