Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am also having G6-1118tx laptop. I checked in device manager. there i can see the memory technology driver enabled. But also i am unable to read any SD cards in card reader.

HP Recommended

I can't believe this. My HP Pavillion G6 SD card reader isn't working either. None of the suggestions here worked.

HP Recommended

Card reader will not hold onto SD card:
HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Product # B5A37ua#ABA
Serial# {Private Information Removed}

HP Recommended

my sd card is not working,anything whichg i put in my sd port, that is not recognized.

HP Recommended

What do i need to download in order to have HP  all in one PC with windows 8 read the photos on my SD card

HP Recommended

Hello beanie123,

I see that you are having problems with the card reader on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

I enabled: realtek pcie cardreader (indeed it was disabled), but it still did not respond to a 2Gb sd card. Afterthat I could not find the device in the list anymore. So there is nothing more I can try with the device.

HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC

C0Y74EA#ABH

5CD237CJTM

F.25 - 05/29/2013

toetsenbord versie 56.32

4.00GB

Intel Core i5-3210M CPU

Could you tell me what to do next?

HP Recommended

OS    WINDOW 8

PRODUCT # C5U62UA#ABL

HP Recommended

solved in simpliest  way sd card soliucion :generic: open control panel select device meneger find memory technology driver disable device... enable device that all i was have trying evry think download looks for other drivers search windows update also hp suport nothink helped... and didnt expected so simple soliucion 😄

HP Recommended

This is not an uncommon problem, and may occur as a result of updating 3rd-party drivers.

Now, unplug any unessential external USB devices from computer.

Here's the solution:

1) click on START button (lower left-hand corner of screen)

2) Click on "Control Panel"

3) Click on "Device Manager"

Now, your reader may be in ONE of TWO locations.

4) Look for Realtek Reader in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers section" or in the "Portable Devices" folder. If you do not see "Realtek," then look for something that says "Media Card" device.

5) Once you have located the device, RIGHT CLICK on the device to bring up the option window. Once there, click on "Uninstall" If it gives you the option of "uninstall software," then click on box and then click "YES."

6) After the item has been uninstalled, then RIGHT-CLICK at the very top of your list (your computer name) and select "Scan for Hardware Changes." You should see some activity, and then a prompt stating that the device drivers have been installed.

Once this has completed, your card reader should work just fine.

Best of luck!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.