12-29-2012 09:11 PM
Hi, I tried to run a bootable disc from my HP Pavilion G7 laptop. Even going through F9 to I don't see an option to boot from cd/rom. In the BIOS the setting is correct for booting from that device as enabled. Am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to be able to run a bootable cd? I even tried setting the CD/DVD rom drive as the first option in the boot order.
12-30-2012 08:21 AM
Boot up the PC and tap the Esc key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen.
See if there is a Legacy Boot Mode from the list of options you are given, and if there is, select that.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)